We continuously investing on innovation by improving existing ingredients and developing new products efficient for cardiovascular health, digestive health, prostate health, weight management,…
Oxylent has a broad network of partners, industrials, universities, Research centers, contract manufacturers, suppliers of raw material,…
Oxylent collaborates with several industrial partners, universities (e.g. Université de Liège (ULg – Gembloux) – Belgium, Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) – Belgium, Federal University of Para (UFPA) – Brazil) and scientific laboratories (e.g. CRA-W, Celabor, Insitut Meurice).
Oxylent has developed an expertize on its active ingredients: the selective choice of raw material, the development of extraction process that maximizes the actives preservation in the plant extract, the scientific demonstration of efficacy (by in vitro or in vivo studies) and the building of scientific dossier to emphasize the health benefits, quality and safety.
Oxylent valorizes polyphenolic plant extracts pomegranate (OXYLENT® GR) and oak tannins (OXYLENT® FU & OXYLENT® FT). It is also implied in projects in food & beverage technology, animal nutrition and cosmetics.
Oxylent is actively implied in several projects of the Marshall plan supported by Wagralim.
Valorization of the antioxidant potential of cereals by natural biocracking
The VALAXSON extract is a product with a strong aromatic profile. It can be introduced in meat as ingredient or in marinade. It can also be introduced into tea, chicory or special beer as well as sauces. Moreover, it has an antioxidant effect with an influence on the content of total bacteria in specific matrices.
To develop a new ingredient with high added-value from cereals by-products from Walloon agrofactories for exploiting their antioxidant properties by :
- Highlighting the potential of natural extraction process
- Analyzing the antioxidant potential of extracts
- Identifying health benefits (vasorelaxation) for nutraceutic, food or cosmetic applications
Meurens Natural, Oxylent, Wal.Agri / Gx ABT (Gembloux Agro Biotech) – Unité de valorisation des Bioressources, ULg (Université de Liège) – Centre de Recherche Expérimentale du département de Chirurgie Cardiovasculaire
Development of an innovating solution based on apple polyphenols and calcium lactate for weight-management
- To manufacture an original apple extract from (pomace) apple by-products
- To study the beneficial effects on health of synergetic lactate-apple extract formulations
- To market these products to be used as food supplements or as part of a food matrix
- To secure a nutrition or health claim authorized by the European Commission for this ingredient
Galactic, Oxylent, Stassen / CELABOR, CRA-W (Centre Wallon des Recherches Agronomiques) – Département Sciences du Vivant, CRA-W (Centre Wallon des Recherches Agronomiques) – Département Valorisation des productions agricoles, UCL (Université Catholique de Louvain) – Unité de Biochimie, UCL (Université Catholique de Louvain) – Groupe de recherche en Métabolisme et Nutrition, ULg (Université de Liège) – Centre de Recherche Expérimentale du département de Chirurgie Cardiovasculaire
Optimization of the shelf-life of food matrix using a combination of natural preservatives, lactates and plant extracts rich in polyphenols
- Effectively study the bacteriostatic or bactericidal effects of lactate-polyphenols combinations (in vitro and in vivo tests)
- Reduce changes to the organoleptic properties of food products
- Develop an innovative formulation with clean-labeling
- Market these products as natural preservatives
Oxylent, Galactic, Detry, Gabriel, Quality Partner / UCL (Université catholique de Louvain) – Unité de Microbiologie Alimentaire et Environnementale, ULg (Université de Liège) – Département des Sciences des Denrées Alimentaires
Development of active ingredients and finished products contributing to the digestive health of seniors.
- To develop new products by combination of ingredients manufactured by partners
- To valid the effectiveness of new dietary supplements thanks to in vivo models and tools specific of seniors’ digestive health
- To demonstrate the efficacy of functional foods on humans
Laboratoires Ortis, Cosucra Groupe Warcoing, Yakima Chief Inc., Biorès, Vésale Pharma, Oxylent, Lacto Research / UCL (Université catholique de Louvain) – Groupe de recherche en métabolisme et nutrition, ULg (Université de Liège) – Département des Sciences des Denrées alimentaires.
Using natural polyphenolic extracts to stabilize oils rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids
- To get an edible flaxseed oil with improved stability in terms of oxidation and taste.
- To develop innovative, high added value products, namely : an edible flaxseed oil that is more stable than the current version, thanks to the addition of natural polyphenols.
natural liposoluble polyphenolic extracts to stabilize the flaxseed oil as well as other oils rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids.
OXYLENT, Huilerie Vandeputte, UCL (Université catholique de Louvain) – Biochemistry Nutritional unit, ULg (Université de Liège) – Food Science Department, CRA-W (Centre Wallon de Recherches Agronomiques) – Valorisation of Agricultural Products Department.